Re: inter-document transfers

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 12:35, Graham Klyne wrote:

> At 04:20 PM 11/14/02 +0000, Brian McBride wrote:
> >I'd like to propose a small number of transfers between docs and invite
> >folks to suggest others they feel would be appropriate.
> >
> >Concepts:
>
> With reference to:
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-concepts-20021108/

Thanks for the pointer, Graham; I wasn't sure what the x.y
numbers meant out of context...

In general, I prefer to keep the primer lean; I
saw more stuff that should go from the primer to
the concepts spec when I read them.

Let's please keep/make instant gratification as
the goal of the primer; let's not put anything
between our reader and his goal of cobbling
together some RDF/XML documents if we can
help it.

In particular...

> >   o 1.2 => primer

No, background in databases and knowledge
representation isn't needed in a how-to document.

> Yes.  (Also, the cited references should move over)
>
> >   o 2.1 => primer
> >   o 2.2 => primer

No, let's lease not put motivation nor design
goals between the primer user and his/her
goal either.