Re: rdf:value ??

>I got that from:
>
>http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns
>	<Property ID="value"
>	  s:comment="Identifies the principal value (usually a string) of a
>		property when the property value is a structured resource" />
>
>For lack of a better definition, I took the one at the RDF namespace URI.
>
>I believe rdf:value is fairly widely used, as something along the lines of
>'a stringy represention of something'.

Struggling to follow this....  so

aaa rdf:value bbb .

means that bbb is a string and bbb represents aaa (?)

Does it follow that bbb is a literal value?

>Are there any better defintions on the table?

Well, what I really want is to know what Im supposed to say its
property extension has got in it, its domain and range, its sub- and
super-properties, etc..

Pat

>Dan
>

>On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, pat hayes wrote:
>

>>  Help.
>>
>>  Is rdf:value still in the RDF namespace? If so, what is it supposed to mean?
>>
>>  The most recent schema doc says that it 'identifies' the 'principal
>>  value' of a property when the property value is a 'structured
>>  resource'. None of the quoted words in this make any sense at all to
>>  me.
>>
>>  Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola              			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501           				(850)291 0667    cell
s.pam@ai.uwf.edu   for spam