RE: motivation for bNodes/existentials in RDF; note for parsers

I was thinking along these lines.

I don't think we need a special URI scheme more a general purpose pronominal
scheme.

Look at the eid scheme

http://www-old.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/uri/draft-finseth-url-00.txt

a different name might be an it: or this: or that: scheme where rather than
talking about an application context (as in eid) we just talk about a
context.

I don't see any reason not to make such a scheme hierarchical.

The definition is something like:

[[
  it:hier_part

where the resource referred to is determined by contextual information.
e.g. application context, enclosing RDF/XML document

]]

it does rather take on the "one URI, one resource" dogma ...

the web fundamentalists will attack ...
it's worth finding out how rough a ride eid had.

Jeremy

PS: As an implementator I am certainly game for implementing something along
these lines, and I think a URI scheme is better than extensions of a
well-known URI.