Re: Draft datatypes message

On 2002-06-26 20:33, "ext Brian McBride" <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> At 14:32 23/06/2002 +0300, Patrick Stickler wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>>>  <Jenny> <age>          _:a .
>>>  _:a     <xsdr:decimal> "10" .
>>
>> What is this 'xsdr:'? This should be 'xsd:decimal'.
>
> Have we decided that we can use the standard xsd URI's for our datatype
> properties and classes?  Do they denote the same thing?  I didn't think we
> had so left the option open.  Maybe I'm being too pernickity.

The current stake-in-the-ground WD, and all recent examples
in WG discussions use 'xsd:' so I would think we have decided
that yes, we can use the standard xsd URIs for datatype
properties.

Having the two different namespace prefixes could simply
confuse folks, especially since 'xsdr:' is both fictional
and undefined in the inquiry.

Cheers,