Re: use/mention and reification

On 2002-01-25 16:08, "ext Martyn Horner" <martyn.horner@profium.com> wrote:

> I keep hearing `xml:lang'...
>
> Your two RDF statments (which could be qualified with an XML:lang
> attribute) could be merged, in some sense, giving something like the
> structure below with QValues. We have an application (in the field!)
> which uses this type of indirection exactly for this purpose. It is
> certainly a small extra effort for queries to handle it but it's
> logical, covered by the schema and does not mess with the level of
> quotation or assertion: it's just a pattern to match.

Insofar as qualified values are concerned, the anonymous node
idiom seems reasonable. When we get to authority, source, etc.
which relate to the entire statement, though, it seems far
less correct to attach those qualifications to the object/value
rather than to the statement itself.

I probably would have better off having used a property
such as ex:authority rather than a language scope in my
examples.