Re: literal value terminology (was: Re: Review of MT)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Graham Klyne wrote:

> I acknowledge that it may be clumsy, but I'd rather stick with "literal
> values".  I'm quite happy with "literal token".  I fear that whatever we
> define, the bare term "literal" will be sometimes misinterpreted.
>
> [Later]
>
> Alternatively, Pat's counter-proposal works for me.

It's ironic, isn't it, because I'm sure we all recognise that it doesn't
matter what you call them , as long as you have a clear definition of
what the term you're using means. I share Graham's worries about general
misinterpretation though.

You see what happens when you have fun with a stranger in the Alps?