Re: Co-existence

On 2002-01-11 16:32, "ext Jeremy Carroll" <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> In my view, we are likely to need to jump a somersault or two when we
> hit
> schema union types and the combination of local and global idioms. But
> then
> we've known for a while that the union types are a dog's breakfast.

Actually, taking the PDU approach, XML Schema union types are a non-issue.

It is up to an exRDF application to know how to interpret any lexical
form per its data type, and thus, the pairing of a lexical form (literal)
to a union data type is no more an issue for RDF (taking the PDU model)
than any other data type.

The same, I am fairly sure, cannot be said for S...

I'll dig up the reference to previous discussion about this (I think
it was on rdf-interest, not rdfcore)...