Re: weekly call for agenda items

At 10:38 AM 1/10/02 +0200, Patrick Stickler wrote:

>There has been a call by Graham to finalize the Datatyping primer
>generally as-is with only the S idioms defined.

For the record, I didn't so much issue a "call" as "asked the question":
[[[
For the rest of the group, my question is this:  do we just tidy up the "S"
proposal and go with it, or do we need to discuss the alternatives?  I
think proposal "S" works pretty well.  (If the latter, we would need
descriptions of the alternatives to match Sergey's section 4, in particular
showing how they work with the model theory.)
]]]

>I am calling for the inverse, for S to be removed from the primer
>and the P and D (DAML) idioms defined as the recommended/official
>idioms for global and local typing of literals.
>
>Perhaps we need to have a brief discussion about this?

I don't object to discussion...

>(I do hope that Graham is able to make the concall...)

So do I ;-)  If I don't, I think I've said most of what I have to say in my
response to you;  in summary, by my understanding:
- S does (or can) match current RDF usage and idiom, and
- S does not require any difficult changes to the model theory

<Graham.Klyne@MIMEsweeper.com>
        __
       /\ \
      /  \ \