Re: towards closure of issue: rdf-namespace-change

On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 10:24, Dan Brickley wrote:

> I propose we close rdf-namespace-issue as follows.
>
> Is this enough to close the issue

I don't think so; I don't think it makes the case for why
we should be able to keep the old namespace name even though
we're changing the language.

It suggests that there is a case to be made, but it
doesn't make the case.

I'd like to help write it, but I'm not in a good position just now.

>   (@@ also ptr to charter which has nice words on this tension)

perhaps pasting those words in is a step forward.

> - that the final RDF Core RECommendations will set clearer expectations
>   about the impact of subsequent revisions to RDF on the use of these
>   namespaces.

That's another promise that I'd like fullfilled before we close
the issue.