Re: addressing requirements around daml:collection (rdfms-seq-representation)

>I picked up the ball on this 28 Mar:
>
>"Volunteers: DanC, Lynn Stein (some timing issues need to be resolved),
>Jos
>De Roo,
>Will participate in RDF core working group discussion."
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Mar/0352.html
>
>I got some inspiration from today's RDF Core telcon
>(and in discussion that followed after the formal
>telcon was adjourned).
>
>In case Lynn finds time to participate, I'm also summarizing
>the history here. (Brian, maybe you could link this
>message or some of the stuff I cite here from the
>rdfms-seq-representation issue)

<giant snip>

>Appendix: some stuff I found while researching
>this message. I thought I'd cite them in
>the message, but they didn't turn out to be
>directly relevant. But rather than throwing
>them away, I think I'll append them.

Well, there is a relevance here in that what I say in the following
message is pretty much what I was going to put into the next draft of
the MT, and I was assuming that it was kind of broadly accepted. If
it isn't, and if this vision of RDF containers isn't close to being
right, then I don't know how to put them into the MT. Which is fine,
but not if we expect to get a final draft of a complete MT by next
week, as I promised on the telecon today. I need a non-moving target,
guys.

>Entailment and bags (was:Re: Agenda items for the f2f)
>From: Pat Hayes (phayes@ai.uwf.edu)
>Date: Mon, Feb 04 2002
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Feb/0072.html
>
>a theory of rdf:Bags
>From: Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
>Date: Sun, Feb 17 2002
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Feb/0483
>
>hm... what ever became of "ACTION: 2002-02-15#4 PatH: Send a few
>paragraphs to the list to address this" --
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Feb/0476
>that action isn't mentioned in the next week's minutes.

God, I HATE looking through old minutes. Hmmm, I had totally
forgotten that, I confess. And at this date I have no idea what I was
going to say about it. I think it was just going to be a kind of
elementary observation that there is no natural way to define 'rest'
in an ordinal representation without doing arithmetic.  Nothing deep,
Im sure.

Pat

PS in that same minutes I found this, BTW. So why are we still
talking about it??

19: Issue rdf-containers-otherapproaches
The design of the RDF Model collection classes exhibit various
awkward features. Might these be augmented with a 'better' design?

Propose:

   o   the WG resolves this issue is out of scope for this WG
       but places the issue on the list of to be considered by a
       future WG.

See:
   http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdf-containers-otherapproaches

APPROVED
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes