advising RDF users about &entities; [was: Latest iteration of RDF Datatyping WD]

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 11:38, Dave Beckett wrote:
[...]
> Graham said:
> > I also think that well-chosen entity definitions make the document _way_
> > more readable.
>
> I'd note that there is no equivalent paragraph in the syntax working
> draft and I've seen RDF/XML used in this way by several people for
> abbreviations.  Do we really think this is going to clash with XML?

Not in the timeframe we're working on. Leave the syntax WD as is.

The primer might make a note of the technique (since folks,
e.g. Graham, find it useful) and point to the postponed
issue about qnames in attribute values.

> (Aside: not that I like XML entities much anyway; we don't have to
> care about them since the Infoset mapping we use removes them.)

Indeed... the less our specs say about entities, the better,
for my purposes.

I consider the use of &rdfs; entity references in the datatypes
spec an editorial matter, for The Editor to choose, after considering
whatever advice from the WG he chooses to consider.