Re: xml:base and rdf:parseType="Literal"

At 11:40 08/04/2002 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
> > Jeremy,
>
>Well, you addressed this to the group

Yup.  Was thinking of Jeremy doing test cases for this, but I'm grateful
for all input.

> > I came across this in some RDF Stuart has written:
> >
> > <rdf:Description rdf:about="http://example.org/"
> >                   xml:base="http://example/org/base/">
> >    <rdf:value rdf:parseType="Literal">
> >    </rdf:value>
> > </rdf:Description>
> >
> > I wasn't sure whether the xml:base had any effect on the href.
>
>No.
>
>Since
>
>1) xml:base applies only to fields that contain URIs that XML
>    applications (RDF/XML here) know about.  RDF/XML doesn't do that
>    inside parsetype literal content.

Just so and RDF can't expect to about all those namespaces.  But it
occurred to me we could put an xml:base attribute on outer elements in the
literal, the way we are doing with namespaces.  I'm not suggesting this;
just asking for my own education.

>2) the <a> has no namespace.
>    RDF/XML doesn't apply to non-namespaced elements anywhere
>
>3) X/HTML don't use xml:base so even if it was an X/HTML fragment
>    and element, it wouldn't apply.

And I wasn't sure about that.  I believe HTML has a base attribute; I
wasn't sure if they had endorsed xml:base.

Thanks Dave.

Brian