rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about (was: Issues list update/status?)

On Thursday, September 27, 2001, at 10:49  AM, Dan Connolly wrote:

>      rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about: What is the difference
>      between using an rdf:ID attribute to 'create' a new
> resource and an
>      rdf:about attribute to refer to it? (Aaron Swartz)
>
> This is done, right? There's a test case in the testing WD;
> it was marked "unapproved" but we approved it recently,
> no? Hmm... maybe that was something else we approved.

Yes, we've never approved this test case (although we've come
perilously close).

Throughout the work on the drafts I've had this in the back of
my head... I guess it's time to bring it back to the fore.

Can I have one or two people to review the test case and
proposed resolution text?

http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-
tests/rdfcore/rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about/

> Also, I would quibble with the "URI-encoded form of" language.

Do you have a patch?

> The test cases address this issue to my satisfaction,
> but perhaps this issue should stay open until the syntax
> spec has a formal description of how to convert RDF/xml
> syntax to n-triples.

I sorta thought that's what this was supposed to decide...

Do folks want to get this completed?

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |              The Semantic Web
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://logicerror.com/semanticWeb-long>