Re: Current Action List for RDFCore Working Group

>At 05:49 PM 9/18/01 -0400, Dan Brickley wrote:
>>I agree. We should amend RDFS to allow cycles in subClassOf and
>>subPropertyOf.
>
>"and subPropertyOf"...
>
>Just checking:  I think that, in the model theory, this corresponds
>to allowing the relational extension (IEXT) of a subproperty to be a
>non-proper subset of the relational extension of the superproperty.

Right. That's in the latest version of the MT . In fact, I think that
rdfs:subPropertyOf cycles have never been explicitly prohibited,
oddly enough, so the original MT had a bug at that point.

Pat
IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes