Re: namedNode? in predicate position?

On Wednesday, August 29, 2001, at 09:27  AM, Dave Beckett wrote:

>> while at next telecon agenda items,
>> what about the N-triples/MT related questions
>> 1. predicate ::= uriref  versus predicate ::= uriref | namedNode?
>
> Does RDF allow, let's call it, non-URI-ref for predicates?
> I don't think so, at present.  In the graph model in the original
> M&S, predicates are arrows with URIs, they are never empty circles.

Well maybe it's an arrow without a URI.

I think that princeNodes should be allowed in the predicate
slot... they're rather useful.

While I'm giving unsolicited advice, I think that a DLG is
probably not the best way to represent the RDF model... it's
sort of difficult to picture arrows pointing at other arrows.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |              The Semantic Web
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://logicerror.com/semanticWeb-long>