Re: Closing rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about (was: RDFCore WG minutes for the telecon 2001-10-12)

On Tuesday, October 16, 2001, at 03:21  PM, Brian McBride wrote:

> First: Dave is trying to get a new Syntax WD out by Friday.
> Does that document address this issue.  If it does, lets wait
> for that and review the WD text.

Ahh, I'd not been following recent syntax threads too carefully.
Indeed the document[1] reads:

"""
rdfms-difference-between-ID-and-about

What is the difference between using and ID attribute to
'create' a new resource and an about attribute to refer to it?

Action: rdf:ID="attr" is an abbreviation for rdf:about="#attr"
and the handling of rdf:ID has been[will be] updated to show
this.
"""

Which is the jist of my proposal.

> When we come to a decision on an issue, how about we agree test
> cases and general statement of  intent, and action the document
> editor to update the spec to reflect the test cases and
> intent.  Once we have the spec wording, we can check that text
> for precision and accuracy.

That was my hope with this.

> So in this case, Aaron would be proposing to action Dave to
> reflect the test cases and [...] in the specification.  When
> that's done will review, and formally close the issue with a
> resolution of the form "This is addressed in ..."

Do you think the text above (currently in the editor's working
draft[1]) is enough to qualify for closing the issue?

> Any objections to giving this a try.

I don't see a need to keep the issue open after we've agreed on
the generally worded proposal. After that I think it's more of a
specific comment on the draft, rather than a discussion of hte
issue itself.

[1] http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/07/rdf-syntax-grammar/
$Revision: 1.63 $
aka
http://cvs.ilrt.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/redland/rdfcore/syntax/index.html?rev=
1.63

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |           Blogspace
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://blogspace.com/about/>