Re: after-hours conversation (#literal-as-resources #literal-is-xml-structure #xmllang #graph #identity-anon-resources #literal-subjects)

>Pat Hayes wrote:
>>  [...]
>>  First way:
>>
>>  aaa integerproperty "200110"
>>  integerproperty rdfs:range xsd:integer
>>
>>  second way (using Ntriples++)
>>
>>  aaa someproperty _:node1:"200110"
>>  _:node1 rdf:type xsd:integer
>
>To clarify: is the second way above a shortcut for
>
>  aaa    someproperty _node1
>_node1  rdf:type      xsd:integer
>_node1  rdf:value    "200110"
>
>or it is something else?

Something else. It is supposed to be the following graph, which I
will try to draw in ASCII-art: (please view in fixedwidthfont)

aaa----someproperty----->"2001100"

                             -----rdf:type--->xsd:integer

this requires a literal to be a subject, of course, but why not?
Literals are real things, so why not let them have real property
values?

Of course if we had an 'inverse' of rdf:type then you could draw the
second arc the other way around, as I think Graham suggested a while
back. But you would still need to be able to label a nonblank node in
the Ntriples form.

Pat

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes