Re: use cases for Literal? RSS? Dublin Core? PRISM? DAML? XAP? (#rdfms-literal-is-xml-structure)

On Wednesday, October 10, 2001, at 01:58  PM, Dan Connolly wrote:

> you guys told us a little bit about how folks are
> using RDF... would you please collect some uses cases/test cases
> that show how folks expect to use parsetype="Literal"?

I authored the RSS Content Module spec[1] which provides the
following example of how to include HTML inside an RSS item:

  <item rdf:about="http://example.org/item/">
     <title>The Example Item</title>
     <link>http://example.org/item/</link>
     <content:items><rdf:Bag>
       <rdf:li><content:item>
         <content:format rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" />
         <content:encoding rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-
xml#dt-wellformed" />

         <rdf:value rdf:parseType="Literal"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
         </rdf:value>

       </content:item></rdf:li>
     </rdf:Bag></content:items>
   </item>

This spec was approved by the RSS WG on 2001-03-01, but despite
this I cannot say that I've seen this portion of the spec
implemented.

[1] http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/