RE: Why isn't KeyInfo inside SignedInfo [Attn: Brian L.]

There has been some discussion on this in the past, see
the threads starting at
"http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2000JanMar/0174.html"
and
"http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2000JanMar/0193.html"
for example.

I think though it would be timely if Brian summarized the answer
to the question again.  There has been a lot of traffic on the XML
Encryption
list wondering why KeyInfo isn't signed.

Brian, could you cross-post your answer to XML Encryption please.  If anyone
else would like to respond who's delved into the issue, that would be fine
too.

Ed
Ed Simon
Software Engineer, Entrust Technologies