From: Gregor Karlinger [mailto:gregor.karlinger@iaik.at]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 7:02 AM
To: merlin; w3c-ietf-xmldsig@w3.org
Subject: AW: XMLDSIG RSA signatures

Hi all,

I agree with Merlin, providing the option to wrap the RSA signature
octets
into
a ASN.1 structure, however it looks like

  * has no benefits ,
  * adds options which result in a more complicated verification
process,
  * is confusing (I had to read the text in 6.4.2 some times to get it).

Therefore I also vote to kick this option out.

Regards, Gregor
Gregor Karlinger
mailto://gregor.karlinger@iaik.at
http://www.iaik.at