Re: X509Data element

At 11:43 AM 6/13/00 -0700, David Blondeau wrote:
 >I would like to point 2 things in the section 4.4.4 about the X509Data
 >element:
 >
 >1)just a typo: in the example, the second X509Data element is supposed to
be
 >for Certificate B so it should be "Subject of Certificate B" not "Subject
of
 >Certificate A".

Fixed in forthcoming draft.

   <X509Data>
     <X509IssuerSerial>
       <X509IssuerName>My CA for Certificate A</X509IssuerName>
       <X509SerialNumber>12345678</X509SerialNumber>
     </X509IssuerSerial>
     <X509SKI>31d97bd7</X509SKI>
   </X509Data>
   <X509Data>
     <X509SubjectName>Subject of Certificate B</X509SubjectName>
   </X509Data>

 >2) I think the following paragraph and the schema are in contradiction:
 >"Multiple declarations about a single certificate (e.g., a X509SubjectName
 >and X509IssuerSerial element) MUST be grouped inside a single X509Data
 >element; multiple declarations about the same key but different
certificates
 >(related to that single key) MUST be grouped within a single KeyInfo
element
 >but multiple X509Data elements.[...]"
 >
 >So, a X509Data element MUST correspond to only one certificate but the
 >schema says that there can be 0 or more X509Certificate elements in one
 >X509Data element!
 >The same thing apply to the X509CRL element, could it be more than one CRL
 >by certificate?

Fixed according to Brian's followup.