From: Lightning [mailto:lightning@pacificcoast.net]
Sent: July 2, 2000 22:56
To: Joseph M. Reagle Jr.
Cc: Doug@ariba.com
Subject: From John Boyer

Hi Joseph,

I omitted a response to one of the points in Doug's email when I responded.

Could you please post this response:

Regarding your comments about #implied, please see Section 3.3.2, which you
cite.

BNF rule 60 (the only one in the section) defines DefaultDecl as #REQUIRED
or #IMPLIED or #FIXED AttValue.

The statement made in the c14n spec does not appear to be in error.
Further, see Section 5.3 of the XPath spec, which discusses the
non-existence of nodes to represent undeclared attributes that have been
declared #IMPLIED by the DTD.