RE: ETags, was: Issues from Interop/Interim WG Meeting

But it isn't a SHOULD right now.

RFC2518 says:

"The getetag property MUST be defined on any DAV compliant resource that
returns the Etag header."

So if I have an HTTP resource for which HEAD/GET wouldn't return an ETag
header, it's absolutely OK not to return the DAV:getetag property.