RE: Issue: URI_URL, proposed changes

It appears below that Julian and I agree on most aspects of
this issue, with the only remaining question being "what kind
of URI should be placed in a DAV:dst field".

I believe that the answer will always be somewhat vague, and
of the form "a URI that the user can effectively use to
author (i.e. modify the content of) the resource".

In order to author a resource via the DAV:dst URI,
minimally, you have to locate the resource (i.e. the
URI must be a URL), but further, you then need to be
able to modify/author that resource once you've located
it (but we don't have an acronym for an "authorable resource").

I also believe that it would be valuable to have a standard
property that identifies a URN for a resource, and that is
one goal of the binding spec (which we should be able to finish
up as soon as we have the ACL spec wrapped up).  In particular,
the binding spec introduces the DAV:urn property for this purpose.

I wouldn't want the DAV:source property confused with the DAV:urn
property.