rules for comparing coded URL in If header? (was Xythos interop)

At 03:30 PM 11/15/99 -0800, Kevin Wiggen wrote:

>Header was fine, we were choking on the port (.com/ != .com:80/)

I am glad you fixed it (and can verify that you have) but it occurs to me
that just maybe it was not a bug in Xythos but rather a bug in tdav.  I
would like a second opinion.

I was passing a coded URL that had an explicit port (80)   Is there a rule
about how to compare two coded URLs for identity, when one has an an
explicit port and the other has no port (it was using the default port, in
this case).  Perhaps in RFC 2068?