DAV:source (was: Does zope mess with the body in a GET?)

As a solution to this, on one of my DAV setups, I've created two Locations
pointing to the same filesystem directory:

Alias /users-go-here /some/path
Alias /author-goes-here /some/path-source

(where /some/path-source is a symlink to /some/path; I just realized I can
probably drop the symlink and use the same filesystem target in both
cases)

I then force everything in the source directory to text/plain so that CGI,
PHP, etc won't execute in there. This allows the author to interact with
the source files:

<Location /author-goes-here>
  ForceType text/plain
</Location>

Of course, all of this is simply getting around the dynamic vs static
stuff and providing access to the source of (dynamic) pages. It isn't a
solution to the <DAV:link> thing (yet).

I haven't thought about it completely, but may create a new Apache
directive that reads something like:

DAVSource /users-go-here /author-goes-here

This would apply to any resource under that namespace, creating a similar
source URI into the target namespace. It would also set up an Alias and a
ForceType record. The biggest thing that has stopped me is simply time :-)
and researching on whether mod_dav can reach into the Alias and ForceType
mechanism (or whether I'd have to reimplement).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/