RE: [Moderator Action] RE: Does zope mess with the body in a GET?

Brian Llyod writes:
> This is especially true regarding "templatish" objects that may
> or may not be thought of as "content" depending on what you are
> doing with them. I suspect that this is also an issue with ASP, PHP,
> et. al. too - it would be great to be able to manage these things
> in a standards-based way, but currently DAV is very static-file
> centric in its approach. I'm not knocking that - but it makes
> the practical use of DAV pretty limited on sites that can't get
> by on just static files. I've been hoping that we can wrangle
> the time to make some contributions in this area.

Well, I would certainly welcome work in this area.  So far, people have not
been taking to the "source link" approach, where to find the unprocessed
source of an object, you look up a URL in the source link on the original
resource (by performing a PROPFIND), then perform a GET on the destination
URL of the source link.

- Jim