Re: [whatwg] New URL Standard from Anne van Kesteren on 2012-09-24 (public-whatwg-archive@w3.org from September 2012)

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 17:15:41 -0700
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Jan Algermissen <jan.algermissen@nordsc.com>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>, Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, URI <uri@w3.org>, IETF Discussion <ietf@ietf.org>
One more data point... I work on Web software all the time and have for
many years; in recent years mostly at the REST (app-to-app HTTP
conversations) rather than browser-wrangling level.  Iíd have to say that
URI interoperability problems havenít come near getting into the list of
top-20 pain points.   So either my experience is wildly untypical, or maybe
itís a combination of being a little bit lucky, and that the pain which
exists is highly concentrated in the browser space.  -T