Re: URIs for the standard output and input streams

Speaking for myself and not officially for the W3C TAG, it's quite
possible that the TAG would have an opinion on this.  The TAG has an
ongoing interest in helping the community to decide where new URI schemes
such as std: (for standard input, output, etc.) are needed and where they
are best avoided.   If you're interested in following up, please send a
note to www-tag@w3.org.  That's a public list.  You can also contact our
chair, Stuart Williams (copied on this reply).  Thank you.

Noah

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street