Re: mailto URIs

From: John.Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:02:12 -0400
To: uri@w3.org

Larry Masinter scripsit:

> I'm working on responding to Bruce Lilly's comments
> on the 'mailto' URI specification (from April!)
>
> I'm puzzled about whether the full 'address' or 'mailbox'
> specification is actually implemented, or whether the
> actual URI use is limited to RFC2822's  'addr-spec'.

I suspect that as far as the initial part (before any ?) of mailto URIs
is concerned, actual practice is limited to the RFC 1738-compatible syntax,
namely a single RFC 822 addr-spec, and that if the extended syntax of RFC 2368
works, it is by implementational accident.

--
Kill Gorgûn!  Kill orc-folk!            John Cowan
No other words please Wild Men.         jcowan@reutershealth.com