Proposed wording (was: Duplication of provisional URI namespace tokens in 2717/8-bis)

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:03:32 +0000
To: "Charles Lindsey" <chl@clerew.man.ac.uk>, uri@w3.org

Following an offline exchange, I offer the following wording as a possible
way to express the desire for uniqueness of names while keeping open the
option of documenting duplicates:

[[
New submissions for the provisional registry MUST NOT use a scheme name that
is already present in the permanent registry, and SHOULD NOT use a name
that is already present in the provisional registry.
]]

I believe this approach is consistent with what were aiming to achieve with
the message jheader field registry.

I haven't figured exactly where it might fit in the proposed registration
draft.

#g

Graham Klyne
For email: