Re: Duplication of provisional URI namespace tokens in 2717/8-bis

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:26:47 +0000
To: "Charles Lindsey" <chl@clerew.man.ac.uk>, uri@w3.org

At 17:55 25/01/05 +0000, Charles Lindsey wrote:
>I am not so sure that the header registration scheme _does_ permit
>duplicates of any sort (except perhaps where both versions have the same
>intent and there is disagreement as to the exact syntax).

If you're referring to the message header field provisional registry,
here's the text:

[[
4.2.2.  Provisional Message Header Field Submission Template

    Registration as a Provisional Message Header Field does not imply any
    kind of endorsement by the IETF, IANA or any other body.

    The main requirements for a header field to be included in the
    provisional repository are that it MUST have a citable specification,
    and there MUST NOT be a corresponding entry (with same field name and
    protocol) in the permanent header field registry.
]]
-- http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3864.txt

#g

Graham Klyne