Re: draft-hansen-2717bis-2718bis-uri-guidelines-03.txt

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:12:38 -0500
To: Charles Lindsey <chl@clerew.man.ac.uk>
Cc: uri@w3.org

Charles Lindsey scripsit:

> Or is it the intention that historic entries should be 'invisible'. I.e.
> that the existence of a historic foobar scheme does not prevent the
> simultaneous registration (even permanent) of a (possibly very different)
> foobar scheme.

I certainly hope not.  The gopher scheme may be little used today, but
that doesn't mean that some future scheme should be so called.  There
is a sufficiency of [a-z]+ strings.

--
"Clear?  Huh!  Why a four-year-old child        John Cowan
could understand this report.  Run out          cowan@ccil.org