RE: Status of the RFC 1738 replacements

I think one of the primary reasons for doing this is to get RFC 1738
out of the mix.  As it stands now, even the full standard URI
RFC will have to be listed as updating, rather than obsoleting
1738.  Getting all of these published independently allows us
to do that.  If, at some later time, we need to mark individual
schemes as historic, we can do so.  But first things first, please;
getting them independently documented is needed to avoid continued
confusion on the role of 1738.  How soon or how long before
we consider marking historic can take place afterwards.

			regards,
				Ted