Re: Are we done with draft-hoffman-ftp-uri-02.txt?

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:19:30 -0700, Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman@imc.org>
wrote:

> It would be grand to hear if anyone has any further refinements that
> they want made to this draft in the next few weeks.

I have some minor comments:

   1.  Introduction

       URIs are were previously defined [...]

Shouldn't «are» be removed from that sentence?

   2.  Scheme Definition

       [...] A FTP URL follows the standard syntax [...]

Isn't «A_n_ FTP URL» correct?

   2.1 FTP Name and Password

       [...] If the URL supplies a user name but no password [...]

Is such behavioural description supposed to be a part of an URI scheme
specification? Doesn't this rather belong in a protocol spec?

   2.2 FTP url-path

       The url-path of a FTP URL has [...]

«a_n_ FTP URL» again.

       [...] In fact, the whole url-path may be omitted, including the
       "/" delimiting it from the prefix containing user, password, host
       and port.

Shouldn't there be a comma after "/", and can't «prefix containing user,

   2.5 Optimization

Same as my comment to 2.1. Is such behavioural description supposed to be
a part of an URI scheme specification?

And last; since the specification is named «The ftp URI Scheme», shouldn't

Asbjørn Ulsberg     -=|=-    http://virtuelvis.com/quark/