Re: fragment prose proposal

Fair enough. I certainly didn't intend to put words in your mouth.

I personally see fragment identifiers as a post-retrieval
processing instruction to a particular class of application concerned
with presentation/manipulation of representations.

To that end, I find it hard to see any utility in fragment identifiers
to the semantic web.

If one has a "first class" resource, then one should use a URI without
any fragment identifier -- so that it is possible to both describe
that resource using RDF statements as well as access representations
of that resource *directly* using HTTP.

I think that the generalization of what essentially was a content
access mechanism into an mechanism for denoting "secondary resources"
is a failed experiment that will, as the web and SW evolves, offer
less and less utility.

Cheers,

Patrick

--