Re: fragment prose proposal

At 13:55 08/03/04 +0100, Patrick Stickler wrote:

>On Feb 27, 2004, at 20:23, ext Graham Klyne wrote:
>
>>... I'm not sure that it is at all meaningful to employ a fragment
>>identifier at all.
>
>I've come to the same conclusion.

I'm concerned that I have been quoted out-of-context.  My original message
containing that quote is at:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2004Feb/0148.html

Specifically, the quoted phrase was prefixed with:
   "In such an environment, "
(referring to an environment in which "a given URI has no retrievable
representation")

On reflection, I'd change the "at all" to "especially", and note that the
comment should be interpreted in light of:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20031209/#pr-describe-resource

#g

Graham Klyne
For email: