Historic scheme drafts

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <phoffman@imc.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 14:41:50 -0700
To: uri@w3.org

Greetings again. Following up on the BOF a few weeks ago, I have
produced seven drafts that split out the historic schemes from my
previous omnibus draft. You can find them at:

	Title		: The file: Scheme
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-file-uri-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-file-uri-00.txt

	Title		: The ftp: Scheme
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-ftp-uri-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-ftp-uri-00.txt

	Title		: The gopher: Scheme
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-gopher-uri-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-gopher-uri-00.txt

	Title		: The news: and nntp: Schemes
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-news-nntp-uri-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-news-nntp-uri-00.txt

	Title		: The prospero: Scheme
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-prospero-uri-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-prospero-uri-00.txt

	Title		: The telnet: Scheme
	Filename	: draft-hoffman-telnet-uri-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-telnet-uri-00.txt

A few notes:

- The wais: draft seems didn't get published by the Secretariat; I'll
give them a few days and re-submit it if it doesn't appear.

- The file: draft doesn't answer many of the suggestions that have
been brought up on the list so far because the suggestions often
conflicted. I'm starting a separate thread about this.

- We need to decide whether I should update the non-file: drafts to
reflect current reality or simply to use the text from 1738. It would
be a bad idea to update some but not all.

Comments are appreciated.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium