Re: #foo URI references

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:45:35 -0400
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org>
Cc: uri@w3.org

Roy T. Fielding scripsit:

> There is no change in reference semantics between this and 2396.
> The only thing that changes is the point at which the processor
> determines whether the link is internal or external.  The reason
> for this change is because it corresponds to the separation of
> concerns within most URI-parsing technology, such as browsers,
> which explains why they didn't implement the prior behavior.

I definitely didn't understand this, and (as a member of the XML
Core WG) alerted Paul, the chair.

Please do clarify exactly what the change is in the next draft.  Thanks.

--
A poetical purist named Cowan           [that's me: jcowan@reutershealth.com]
Once put the rest of us dowan.          [on xml-dev]