Re: uri, urn and info

From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress <rden@loc.gov>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 09:54:24 -0400
To: <uri@w3.org>

>     It also seems to me that the proponents of the info: scheme
>     are in "denial" about the general public desire for
>     resolvability. I wonder if any surveys have been conducted
>     which actually reflect a disinterest by the *users* of
>     these oft-mentioned term sets.

Sorry Patrick but the proponents of the info scheme are not in denial about
any such thing.  They neither claim to have a disinterest, nor assert the
existence of  disinterest, in resolvability.  They merely claim and assert
an (orthogonal) interest in identifiers that do not carry the burden of a
resolvability requirment.

--Ray