Re: uri, urn and info

From : Dan Connolly < connolly@w3.org >
Date : Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:47:41 -0500
To : Eric Hellman < eric@openly.com >
Cc :uri@w3.org

I suggest NISO run a registry in http space.

The URI scheme registry is very valuable real-estate.
Putting something there and keeping it there costs
the whole IETF/Internet community. I don't see why the
whole community should bear this burden when
NISO can do its thing within the existing framework.

    +1

    It also seems to me that the proponents of the info: scheme
    are in "denial" about the general public desire for
    resolvability. I wonder if any surveys have been conducted
    which actually reflect a disinterest by the *users* of
    these oft-mentioned term sets.

    Patrick

    --

    Patrick Stickler