Re: uri, urn and info

At 4:47 PM -0500 10/10/03, Dan Connolly wrote:
>On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 16:45, Eric Hellman wrote:
>  > What single,  stable, and widely used name should I use to refer to
>  > the text/plain mime type?
>The most widely used name for this media
>type is "text/html". If you were happy with that,
>you wouldn't be asking in uri@w3.org, so I presume
>you're after a name in URI space. I'm somewhat
>curious what you want that for, especially since
>you don't seem to require network lookup.
>But as I point out above, the IETF recommends
>the ftp://... name.

The reason I was asking in 1999 was because I had content-type as an
enumerated type in an RDF schema, and someone who was good enough to
make comments on it suggested that it would be better to use URI's in
stead of the bare strings. By a truly amazing coincidence, his name
was also Dan Connolly, and his uri was also
http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/

--

Eric Hellman, President                            Openly Informatics, Inc.
eric@openly.com                                    2 Broad St., 2nd Floor