Re: Announcement: The "info" URI Scheme

From: Eric Hellman <eric@openly.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 23:19:05 -0400
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: "Hammond, Tony (ELSLON)" <T.Hammond@elsevier.com>, Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, uri@w3.org

"even less is even more"?

the question to ask is whether "tag:" is *enough* .

A useful approximation is
info ~= tag + namespace registry

The merits of the registry described in the info internet-draft are
there to be discussed, but an identifier namespace registry is
definitely needed for many applications.

--

Eric Hellman, President                            Openly Informatics, Inc.
eric@openly.com                                    2 Broad St., 2nd Floor