Request For A Formal URN Namespace: "geo"

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 17:30:28 +0100
To: <urn-ietf@lists.netsol.com>
Cc: <uri@w3.org>
This is a request for a formal URN namespace per section 4.0 III of RFC
2611. File attached as <<urn-geo.txt>>.

After playing around with a lot of coordinates etc., I wondered if there
were any URI schemes or URN namespaces that would let me refer to them on
the WWW. After some seraching I couldn't actually find any, although I
wouldn't be suprised if someone has already proposed/registered such a
scheme.

I remember Larry referening a paper by Michael Gorlick [1] which is about
the closest thing to this that I could find, although that proposes domain
names rather than URNs. Anyway, comments are most welcome.

Cheers,

[1] Linked from http://www.ics.uci.edu/IRUS/twist/twist99/program.html

--
Kindest Regards,