Re: Proposal: 'tag' URIs

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 17:27:26 +0100
To: <michaelm@netsol.com>, "Sandro Hawke" <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@eBuilt.com>, "Tim Kindberg" <timothy@hpl.hp.com>, <uri@w3.org>
> >    (1) significant administrative overheard
>
> Some URNs have this, some don't. It depends on how you
> organize your namespace...

In particular, tag could register urn:tag: (or whatever) and decree
that that space is to be used for what is currently known as "tag:"
URIs. In development, one could use "urn:x-tag:". As Michael points
out, there is no specific problem with using URNs for this particular
application - they are unique, non-reassignable, and they need not
resolve to any particular entity. I just don't see why one should use
up an entire URI scheme on this when the particular semantics are
already covered by an exisiting URI scheme.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer