Re: The UR* scheme registry, Citing URL/URI specs

Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 18:27:58 -0500

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 18:27:58 -0500
From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
CC: Leslie Daigle <leslie@bunyip.com>, urn-ietf@bunyip.com, timbl@w3.org,
Subject: Re: The UR* scheme registry, Citing URL/URI specs

Larry Masinter wrote:
> > Can I please have an IETF standards-track
> > document that specifies
> > the union of the URL and URN syntaxes?
>
> Yes, absolutely, you can. Here's what you need to do to get it:
>
> a) propose a specific set of edits you'd like to see in the
> draft-fielding-url-syntax-09.txt document to make it cover URIs
> and URNs (changing the title, if you like). Please address the
> relationship with the existing URN RFCs, if you intent to
> subsume them.

I wanted to get a sense from the document editors and area
directors what the odds are that my changes would be integrated
if I did that.

It's fair for you to say "I can't tell you until you show
me the edits."

But meanwhile, I seem to be getting a "no" answer from
Leslie and Keith.

--
Dan Connolly, W3C Architecture Domain Lead
http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/