Re: URL Process List

Dan_Zigmond@wink.com
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:59:09 -0700

From: Dan_Zigmond@wink.com
To: R.PETKE@csi.compuserve.com
Cc: Uri@bunyip.com
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:59:09 -0700
Subject: Re: URL Process List

As someone trying to get some new URL schemes through the process, I think
defining this process is very important.  And, as I think someone pointed
out at the San Jose BOF, companies are more likely to follow a
standradization process if it is well-defined.  Right now we have people
and companies creating and using non-standard URL schemes without much
attention being paid to consistency and interoperability.

I think it would be worth scheduling a meeting in memphis to discuss the
I-D and plan a roadmap mor completing this process.

     Dan

Dan Zigmond
Wink Communications
dan.zigmond@wink.com