Re: date in URN

From: Terry Allen <terry@ora.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 1995 09:53:11 -0700
To: Peter Deutsch <peterd@bunyip.com>, "Karen R. Sollins" <sollins@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc: uri@bunyip.com
Peter wrote:
===
Taken together this probably means that a URN probably
needs two components, and that we need to be able to
process/handle the two separately. Still, I think they
also need to remain bound together as in gopher menu
items. So, perhaps this means a URN should look like:

===

but how does having a new readable string help me transcribe
the unique ID?

Regards,

--
Terry Allen  (terry@ora.com)   O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
Editor, Digital Media Group    101 Morris St.

A Davenport Group sponsor.  For information on the Davenport
  Group see ftp://ftp.ora.com/pub/davenport/README.html
	or  http://www.ora.com/davenport/README.html