Re: Whither URI: Revising the charter, disband URI?

Larry Masinter (masinter@parc.xerox.com)
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 12:11:30 PDT

To: peterd@bunyip.com
Cc: uri@bunyip.com
Subject: Re: Whither URI: Revising the charter, disband URI?
From: Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 1995 12:11:30 PDT

I think you've missed the import of my message. I don't think we need
a major charter rewrite either, I just think we need milestones and
dates, and that so far no one has volunteered to propose any of them.

If we're going to discuss architecture as well as specific proposals
for syntax, structure and semantics of identifiers, perhaps we should
have an informational RFC on architecture, too, if we can find someone
willing to sign up to edit such a thing and a realistic time frame for
reaching consensus on it.

Peter, since you have strong opinions about what we should be working
on, would YOU care to at least PROPOSE some milestones and dates for
them?