Re: ReSpec CANDIDATE CORRECTION wizardry

On 11/7/21 6:48 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> We could take up the discussion there, along with what we want to see/do to make this less painful.
>
> For example:
>
>   * where should we gather the list of candidate corrections/additions? In the SoTD? In their own section?

In their own section. The point is that people reading a particular section of
the spec can know what change is being proposed to that spec. If candidate
amendments are kept in a separate place, it's got the same cross-referencing
problems as our previous "solution" of maintaining an errata page. (Mainly,
that people forget to cross-reference the errata when looking things up.)

>   * What do we do about inline corrections? base.css doesn't say it supports "span" elements, for instance.

Not sure I understand what you're asking for. INS and DEL are inline elements,
they can easily be used to mark up inline changes?

https://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/2016/README#amendment

>   * Should people be using ins/del for these?

Yes, that is required, see
   https://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/TR/2016/README#amendment

> Apparently, from a discussion elsewhere, those elements are not accessible.

If that's the case, then it's a problem with all HTML diff formatting, not
just candidate amendments, and the best you can do is write a proper
description of the changes to accompany the diffs.

~fantasai